You’re probably thinking about what you could possibly get with that gift card or what to do with that same ugly Christmas sweater your mom buys you every year. GoGreenRide is here to help! We're giving you the inside scoop on the best places and websites to swap or simply give away those unwanted gifts.
Trade In, Cash In or Swap
Many Internet sites are devoted to removing the burden of unwanted gifts by providing ways to exchange and sell your gifts to others. Below we have complied some of the best online websites to help you:
- eBay’s separate category "Gift Certificates” makes getting rid of unwanted gifts card super easy!
- PlasticJungle.com and Cardpool.com buy your gift cards off and give you cash! They, then give you the luxury to buy the card you really want using their inventory. With their discounted prices you’ll be loaded with more money for those gifts you deserve.
- Treat yourself ! CardHub.com has taken the concept of a gift card exchange to the next level--customers can now use Facebook as a way to hunt for the card they want. Like other gift card exchanges, you can sell your card directly to CardHub and then buy discounted cards. But difference here is Cardhub.com allows you to swap with colleagues and people nearby using Facebook so that you can buy, sell and trade cards within your own community.
Donate your unwanted gifts
Donating unwanted gifts is also an easy option and it not only helps out those in need, but it can cut you a tax break. Below we have listed some organizations that can help you save some money.
- Do you have a few dollars left on your gift card? No worries, plenty of organizations we be happy to accept your donation. Donors Choose will give your gift card remainings to help teachers and schools; or with The Giving Effect your unwanted gift card can be another's treasure. Donate today and your giftcard will go to the one of the 1,600 charities supported by the sites.
- Received a new coat that’s not your style? One Warm Coat is here to rescue. This non-profit has numerous places to donate your coats. Check out their website today and get rid of that unpopular coat.
- Did you get a dress that was one size to small? Abby's Closet knows just the way to help. This non-profit collects dresses in order to help a give a teenager the prom dress of her dreams. Your dress could change someone's life forever.
- Got an eye plate you don’t know how to use? Beauty Bus can now you put that gift to use. Looking good can make anyone feel a little bit more confident, so BeautyBus does in-home hospital makeovers for chronically and terminally ill patients in order to boost their self-esteem. Donate those beauty products that you are never going to use today!